Get together with family, neighbors, friends, or co-workers to talk about narrowing the opportunity gap by sharing solutions.
Become Part of the Solution!!!
- It can be as simple as inviting a select group of people to your home for coffee.
- Find out what children in your community need and have an event to raise money. Here are a few suggestions:
- Start a drive to raise money for new library books
- Collect gently worn clothes that can be donated to a homeless shelter for families and children or teens. You can also collect unused hotel soap, shampoo, toothbrushes and other basic hygiene items.
- Hold a pot-luck dinner and fundraiser to buy a washing machine and dryer for a school in an underserved neighborhood. Children often stay home from school when they do not have clean clothes to wear.
- Ask your local government or school representatives to organize an event—as small as an evening with a select group of people by invitation only or as large as a public Town Hall Meeting for everyone in the community.